Houses – My Most Valuable Tips
Important Tips When It Comes To Home Inspection
The last thing that you would want to happen when you will be selling your home is to know that some issues would put the sale at risk. Even if there will be issues that will be revealed every time your home will have a home inspection, if you have kept your home properly maintained, you will not be worrying about a thing. The home inspection team will not find any issues and problems with the condition of your home if you have kept it properly maintained.
There are some reasons that would result to not having the proper maintenance to a home like the lack of money, the lack of interest, or the lack of time. But every time you know that there are so many people that would be interested in buying your home, you should be able to handle this things properly.
The small things that would nag you will become a big problem to a potential home buyer and that will possibly cost you the sale of your home. You will be able to avoid the majority of these issues and problems if you will take note on these five crucial areas.
1. Air conditioning system, heat pump system, dirty filter, and coils in the furnace. You can take care of this issue if you hire a professional to conduct a yearly maintenance on your cooling and heating system. It is also important that your filters will be replaced or cleaned at least a month or three based on what your system will need. This is really crucial in order for your system to have a longer life, better fuel savings, efficiency, and to make sure that your home will have the proper cooling and heating.
2. A bad caulking of the ceramic tile on the shower area and the tub. You will be spending a lot of money if you will replace or repair the tiles on the walls inside your shower area. That is why you should consider having a proper caulking on the tiles in your shower area in order to save a lot of money. A crack in the grout or caulk in your shower area will allow water to get in.
3. A malfunctioning GFCI or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters The GFCI or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters are those electrical outlets with the buttons for Press and Test. These outlets are crucial in preventing the possibility of electrocution.
4. Rotten wood is another major concern that will prevent the sale of your home. You can prevent this if you have the proper moisture barrier.
5. Allowing an amateur do the needed repairs and maintenance. The materials that are used might not be the ones intended for the project or does not have a high quality every time an amateur will be doing the home project.