The free pocket monster giveaways just keep on coming in Pokémon Sword and Shield. Until tomorrow, you can grab a competitive Gastrodon via Mystery Gift.
All you’ll need to do is input the following code – PJCS2019CHAMP – in your game. It was made available during today’s Japan Championships 2020 stream. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Launch your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield game.
- Select Mystery Gift on the X menu.
- Select Get a Mystery Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password to connect to the internet.
- Enter the code: PJCS2019CHAMP
- Watch as the gift arrives in your game. (Pokémon will appear in your party or your Pokémon Boxes.)
- Be sure to save your game.
According to Serebii.net this Gastrodon matches the same one used by the winner of the 2019 Pokémon Japan Championships and is redeemable until 14:59 UTC, 23rd August. It’s Level 50 and comes with the following moveset: Protect, Surf, Ice Beam and Earth Power. Here are the competitive extras included:
“It has competitively focused IVs with max in HP, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense with a 0 IV in Speed. and comes fully EV Trained.”
This weekend you can also claim a free ‘battle-ready’ Porygon 2. Here’s the code: PKMNPLAYERSCUP.